Goodbye finals, Hello Summer!
Nothing feels better than walking out of your last final of the semester. That first taste of relief is so welcoming that it almost makes staying up late worth it. With that first step, school is finally over! Time to bust out those high waisted shorts and bikini tops and hit the beach. Here are some quick tips to make your summer not only awesome but totally worth remembering!
1. Always bring sunscreen
This is totally a given, but a lot of us forget! We always end up with terrible tan lines! So save yourself and buy a small travel size suntan lotion and stow it in your purse.
2. Hydration, hydration, hydration!
Now say it with me, hydration-hydration-hydration! Those sun rays will totally get you. Be sure to drink plenty of water and stay cool! Too much sun and too little water is a recipe for disaster and a total headache. Even if you're not at the beach, drink lots of water!
3. Eat at a restaurant near the beach
We're not talking about a fancy 5 star restaurant, but find a cool place to relax near the beach! The restaurants surrounding a beach usually have a really great atmosphere and not to mention really delicious food like fish tacos and poke!
4. Find a outdoor movie screening
Relax and enjoy summer nights with an outdoor movie! Check your city for local showings, if you're in LA- check out cinespia or street food cinema! Lay out a blanket and be sure to bring some yummy snacks.
5. Do something touristy
Experience something different! You probably spend most of your life avoiding touristy spots in your area- but why not give it a go? Maybe something will surprise you! (plus you'll probably get some really great footage!)
You don't have to go all out and do a crazy trip- cause let's be honest, coordinating the time and budget with your friends is beyond hard. Treat yourself to a staycation! Stay in an area that's perfectly far enough away from home but not too far if you change your mind. If it ends up being totally boring- head home!
7. Have a fancy dinner
Once summer hits, you'll practically live in shorts and tank tops- but pick a night to dress up with your friends and do something fancy! Bust out those dresses you've been dying to wear since winter and have a glass of wine with some yummy food.
8. Camp out!
Big Sur is easily one of the most beautiful places in the world. Spend a couple nights staring up at the stars and really enjoy the cool summer nights. If you're not in California, find a beautiful lake or national park to camp at. Just be sure to bring some bug spray repellent to keep away those blood sucking mosquitoes!
9. Host a game night
Pictionary, Cards Against Humanity, Monopoly- game boards are fun with a group of friends! Order some pizza and get ready to claim victory!
10. Binge Watch all your favorite TV shows
You must have missed all your shows due to class or study sessions, but now that it's summer- feast on all the shows that you missed out on! We suggest watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the giggles and Daredevil for the fighting scenes.
If you end up taking one of our suggestions, be sure to tag us on social media! We would love to see how you're spending this summer! Be safe and have fun!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Apr 29 2016
______________________________________________________________________How crazy is that leap year happens every 4 years? It feels like a normal day but we get an extra 24 hours! A whole extra day! For the ladies who proposed to their loves, we applaud you! For those still looking to put a ring on it, we have a wide selection of rings perfect for your significant other.
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 01 2016
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Sep 21 2015
Stay cool this summer by styling out the perfect outfit. Jenn from hellorigby.com has the look you'll be dying to try. Be sure to check out her gorgeous outfit featuring our very own Anchor Necklace! There might also be a giveaway in her post- take a peek!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Jun 18 2015
Surprise your mom with something special this Mother's day!x
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Apr 24 2015
We're having a GRAD GIVEAWAY!
Visit our Facebook page now to enter.
One lucky winner will be chosen to win a free sterling silver ring
Contest ends on April 20. Winners will be announced on the 21st.
Best of luck!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Apr 09 2015
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 25 2015
Accepting Applications now!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 23 2015
Spring break is finally here! You know what that means. No school- no homework-no stress! Whether you're hitting the beach, movie theater or bumming it at home, here are some suggestions on making the most of your break!
- Don't spend your entire time sleeping on the beach. Make the most of it by renting out bikes or finding a great poke restaurant nearby. Explore the beach city! Just because you're at the beach doesn't mean you have to spend all day there.
- Don't settle for a regular old movie theater, go hit up one of those cinemas that have reclining chairs! You're on break, you can definitely splurge a little on the comforts.
- It's totally understandable that you want to stay home and watch Netflix all day. After all, school totally fried your brain for the past couple of months and you just want to do nothing for a while. If you're bumming it at home, be sure to catch on Netflix's popular shows: House of Cards, The Unbreakable Kimmy Kchmidt and Mad Men. You can't go wrong binge watching any of those. Oh! Don't forget to bring out the comforter and pillows, you'll want to be comfortable and definitely, definitely don't forget the pizza!
- If you're taking a long road trip with friends this spring break, definitely bring sweatpants. Don't try to be cute and wear jeans. You'll seriously start to feel how uncomfortable it is after sitting for about 3 hours! Sweat pants will give you easy access to cross your legs without feeling weird. Also be sure to bring a pillow! Your back WILL start to ache for being in the car for so long, you'll want to give it something nice and comfy to lean on.
- Find a restaurant you've been dying to try! You only got a few days of break, make the most of it and go to that restaurant you've been putting off! Don't delay. Just go. After dinner, do something fun like hit up a bar or go dancing. It's cliche, but it's still fun! Dance off the stress. You'll have a blast.
- Explore your city. Maybe you've lived there your entire life or you just moved there- whatever it is, go on a tour of your own city. You may find out about things you never knew or noticed. You can go to places you've always heard of but never went. And if you hate it, you can always go home!
Whatever it is you decide to do with your break, have fun and be safe!
School's over for now, enjoy it!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 18 2015
We've just been featured on Champagne & City Light's blog.Be sure to check it out her gorgeous outfit and bangle!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 11 2015