We're so happy to announce our new partnership with GreekU! A one stop shop for all sorority necessities! To celebrate, we're hosting a Big and Little giveaway over on our Instagram page! Head over to see how to enter.
For amazing custom tshirt designs, greek accessories and jewelry, check out GreekU.com!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 24 2017
It's Springtime in La La Land! Here's what we've been loving this season.
1. Cover Girl Clean Matte BB Cream
This stuff is AMAZING ladies! This BB Cream is so perfect for Spring. The product is lightweight and blends nicely. It honestly does keep your face looking matte all day! It's at an affordable price and it comes in various shades! They also have a foundation that provides more coverage but the BB cream is excellent for those of you who don't like the heavy feeling of foundation. Definitely a holy grail for oily skin!
Nothing screams warm weather like Pineapple merchandise! We've been absolutely loving this slouchy Pineapple vee from Greek U lately! It's perfect as a beach cover up or as a cozy shirt to laze around in! It's beyond comfy and you can customize it to have your sorority letters!
We can't help but gush over how beautiful our Fleur De Lis ring is! It's the perfect accessory for all your Spring looks. It matches well with all different types of styles and has that glam factor. Get 10% off your order now with offer code: TCSLOVE
Our favorite lipstick of this season has got to be this gorgeous matte lipstick in shade Bond Girl made by Charlotte Tilbury. It's a beautiful shade, almost our lips but better! The formulation is creamy and dries as a matte. It doesn't make our lips feel dry and the rose gold packaging is the icing on top!
5. Favorite Movie - La La Land
Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling? A match made in heaven! There's not denying that La La Land dominated all the award shows this season. Although the movie itself was not totally groundbreaking, we loved the chemistry between the two leads! The movie was beautifully shot and the original music by Justin Hurwitz has been stuck in our head for days!
Thank you so much for reading our blog post about our Spring Favorites. What have you been loving lately? We'd love to know!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 13 2017
We always love collaborating with bloggers and influencers!
See what Mona from Chin Up Buttercup wrote about us. For collabs, please email us!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Dec 29 2016
It seems like we're finally at the age where weddings start to become more personal to us. Attending weddings as a child is so different from attending one as an adult. Whether you know the couple or not, there are a few things to keep in mind to being a good wedding guest!
P R E - W E D D I N G
The Engagement Party
Do I have to bring a present?
• This depends on the couple. If they do not specify in the invitation or include their wedding registry- you're in the clear, but DO NOT show up empty handed just in case. Bring some cheap champagne or wine to be safe.
Can I bring a date to the Engagement Party?
• Always, always, always check with the bride and groom. It's not cool if you bring someone unexpected. They want to share this moment with you.
• An engagement party is a chance for the families and friends of the bride and groom to meet. It's a change to mingle and celebrate the union of the couple. To break the ice, a lot of engagement parties have fun little games.
Gift is a must
• The event name says it all. It's an event to shower the bride with gifts for her upcoming wedding night. Typically lingerie is gifted to the bride to be. However if you're close with the bride, you can always gift her something you know she'll love.
Bachelor / Bachelorette Party
Nowadays, couples like to join their nights together. However, if you're going traditional- be sure to make the night all about the bride/groom. It's not about what you want or what her friends want, it's about them. It's their time. It's important to remember that! Don't be cheap and be sure to split the costs with the rest of the party, don't make them pay. It's a common courtesy.
W E D D I N G D A Y
At the Ceremony
• Do not snapchat or take photos on your phone while the ceremony is taking place. It's rude and takes a lot of attention away from the bridge and groom. Most likely they hired a professional photographer to document their beautiful day, they don't need your grainy/pixelated photos. They want to see your beautiful faces as they walk down not your square shaped phone. There will be plenty of opportunities to snap a picture of them at the reception!
• Every couple is different. The ceremony can be religious and super long or super short, casual or formal- just be up for anything! Even if it's not your faith or belief, play along. You may not want to sit through a 2 hour Catholic wedding, but it's not about you. Respect the ceremony.
No one likes a Drunk
• If it's open bar, pace yourself. You do not want to be THAT person that ruins the wedding. Take it easy and relax. This isn't a night out with the guys/girls, it's a nice night. Sure liquid courage will help you break out on the dance floor- but always be aware of your surroundings! Most likely there will be children and older people around.
Do not switch tables
• If it's assigned seating, do not move from your spot. There's probably a good reason why the couple seated you there. They took the time to write your name on a cute placecard, respect the placecard!
• Guarantee there will be a moment in the night where the bride and groom wants volunteers for a game or dance, this is your chance to show that you care.
Do not take the center piece!
• Unless they specifically said you can, don't even think about grabbing the center piece! Some venues rent the centerpieces to the couple, you don't want to accidentally make them pay for something extra!
Talk to your seat neighbor
• It's going to be a lonnnggg night if it's incredibly awkward. Make small talk to the person next to you or in your table. You can ask how they all know the couple and how the music is terrible.
Don't leave too early
• Taking a quick exit right after dinner is a big no-no. Not only will you offend the bride and groom, you'll look like a person who doesn't care. Be patient- a good time to exit would be 10 minutes after the cake cutting. This means that cake will be served and the dance floor will be open. This is the perfect time to leave if you wish to do so. Be sure to say goodbye to the bride and groom on your way out.
• The couple will most likely have a wedding registry. Pick something you know they'll both be glad to receive and if you don't have time to purchase a gift- money card is always a good alternative.
E N J O Y T H E D A Y
The couple invited you to watch them get married for a reason. They wanted you to be there. Enjoy the day and watch them love each other.
We hoped our advise and style guides have help you!
To see more details on the images, visit our pinterest page
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Jun 21 2016
Goodbye finals, Hello Summer!
Nothing feels better than walking out of your last final of the semester. That first taste of relief is so welcoming that it almost makes staying up late worth it. With that first step, school is finally over! Time to bust out those high waisted shorts and bikini tops and hit the beach. Here are some quick tips to make your summer not only awesome but totally worth remembering!
1. Always bring sunscreen
This is totally a given, but a lot of us forget! We always end up with terrible tan lines! So save yourself and buy a small travel size suntan lotion and stow it in your purse.
2. Hydration, hydration, hydration!
Now say it with me, hydration-hydration-hydration! Those sun rays will totally get you. Be sure to drink plenty of water and stay cool! Too much sun and too little water is a recipe for disaster and a total headache. Even if you're not at the beach, drink lots of water!
3. Eat at a restaurant near the beach
We're not talking about a fancy 5 star restaurant, but find a cool place to relax near the beach! The restaurants surrounding a beach usually have a really great atmosphere and not to mention really delicious food like fish tacos and poke!
4. Find a outdoor movie screening
Relax and enjoy summer nights with an outdoor movie! Check your city for local showings, if you're in LA- check out cinespia or street food cinema! Lay out a blanket and be sure to bring some yummy snacks.
5. Do something touristy
Experience something different! You probably spend most of your life avoiding touristy spots in your area- but why not give it a go? Maybe something will surprise you! (plus you'll probably get some really great footage!)
You don't have to go all out and do a crazy trip- cause let's be honest, coordinating the time and budget with your friends is beyond hard. Treat yourself to a staycation! Stay in an area that's perfectly far enough away from home but not too far if you change your mind. If it ends up being totally boring- head home!
7. Have a fancy dinner
Once summer hits, you'll practically live in shorts and tank tops- but pick a night to dress up with your friends and do something fancy! Bust out those dresses you've been dying to wear since winter and have a glass of wine with some yummy food.
8. Camp out!
Big Sur is easily one of the most beautiful places in the world. Spend a couple nights staring up at the stars and really enjoy the cool summer nights. If you're not in California, find a beautiful lake or national park to camp at. Just be sure to bring some bug spray repellent to keep away those blood sucking mosquitoes!
9. Host a game night
Pictionary, Cards Against Humanity, Monopoly- game boards are fun with a group of friends! Order some pizza and get ready to claim victory!
10. Binge Watch all your favorite TV shows
You must have missed all your shows due to class or study sessions, but now that it's summer- feast on all the shows that you missed out on! We suggest watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the giggles and Daredevil for the fighting scenes.
If you end up taking one of our suggestions, be sure to tag us on social media! We would love to see how you're spending this summer! Be safe and have fun!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Apr 29 2016
______________________________________________________________________How crazy is that leap year happens every 4 years? It feels like a normal day but we get an extra 24 hours! A whole extra day! For the ladies who proposed to their loves, we applaud you! For those still looking to put a ring on it, we have a wide selection of rings perfect for your significant other.
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 01 2016
Learn how to style our Ethereal Pearl ring with style blogger Sadie from Hey Sadie Lee!Also.. don't miss out on the giveaway!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Sep 28 2015
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Sep 21 2015
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Sep 04 2015
It's always hard to say goodbye. Remember all the memories you made this summer by winning a LOVE ring!
Learn how to enter on our Facebook page
Best of luck!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 18 2015