Is it already the end of August? Time flew by so fast! Here are some of the products we've been loving :)
(click on images to site)
B E A U T Y
Bumble and Bumble Dry Spun Finish |
If you're having trouble keeping your hair from falling flat, give this product a try! It's great for upkeep and doesn't feel heavy or sticky.
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss |
We've been loving the Marvelous collection lately! The formula is thick enough for coverage but not so much that it feels too wet. This lipgloss is the perfect extra touch to your makeup look!
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette |
If you're looking for a alternative to the Naked Basics palette, go for The Nudes! It's such a great bargain for the colors you're getting. They have a great variety from basics to dark.
F A S H I O N
Grey See Through Knit Top from G Stage |
Since the weather is still a bit warm, this sweater is perfect for the transition to fall. It's light but enough coverage!
Jegging Dark Destroy from American Eagle |
We've been loving the ripped dark wash jeans lately! Such a effortless look and the best part is that they're jeggings! HELLO COMFORT!
B R A I N S
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell |
If you haven't read this book, you're seriously missing out! We don't want to spoil anything but needless to say, it was a great book. It has comedy, romance and music! Eleanor and Park are both high school students just trying to find their way in this crazy world.
Looking for Alaska by John Green |
A great YA book. This story has heartbreak and discovery. You'll dive deep into the mystery of this book. A definite must read by nerdfighter John Green!
K N I C K K N A C K S
Reclaimed Wood Chalkboard from Urban Outfitters |
This is such a cute idea! You can hang this board in your doorway to hang your coat and write down reminders before you leave the house! It'll help you keep track of what you need to do.
ZigZag Duvet Cover from Urban Outfitters |
When the weather turns cold, be ready with some warm comfy sheets! This design is minimal and has the perfect modern touch.
USB Wall Charger from Urban Outfitters |
You can never have too many chargers.What were your favorites this month? We'd like to know!xo TCS
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 29 2014
We recently collaborated with blogger Allison Leighann!Check out her lovely post about us!*While you're there, take a look at her bookshelf and bucket list. (it's amazing!)
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 27 2014
We'll be starting a fun series of Recruitment posts to help you through this Rush/Recruitment Season!
R E C R U I T M E N T E S S E N T I A L S
- MINTS: You're going to be talking to girls all day. Be sure to pop a mint and make your breath is minty fresh. First impression is everything!
- DEODORANT: Chances are, the weather will still be warm during recruitment. Be sure to keep up with the heat and plan accordingly. Personal hygiene counts!
- SUNNIES: The sun is not your friend! Be sure to protect your eyeballs with cute sunnies. You don't want to be squinting half the time!
- SUNSCREEN: Again, the sun is not your friend! Sunburn is no joke. Make sure to lather up and protect your skin or else you'll be peeling for a week!
- COMFY SHOES: You're going to be standing.. A LOT! Wear comfy shoes to save your soles!
- GREEK GEAR: Recruitment is the BEST time to show off all your greek gear! Our website is having a great deal! Use our coupon code > GREEK14 < and get 10% your entire order! Rock your booth with the cutest accessories.
- PENS: DON'T forget to bring a pen! Chances are, you'll need to write down someone's information. Always have one on the go. Not having something as simple as a pen looks unprofessional.
- HAND SANITIZER: You'll be shaking a lot of hands. Sanitize up and make sure to kill germs!
- WATER: Don't forget to hydrate! It's the most important thing to have.
Stay tune for more Recruitment Posts!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 04 2014
- Brandy Melville | Floral Bow
This bow is super cute and feminine! It's super adorable to match with a skater skirt or high waist jean shorts
- Bumble and Bumble | Surf Spray
Don't like using hair spray? Try using a sea salt spray to keep your hair looking fresh and textured throughout the day! Not only will you look like a total beach babe, your hair will also look super volumized. The smell of the sea salt spray will give you that instant feel of being on the beach.
- Lush | Mask of Magnaminty
Treat your skin! With the weather heating up, this mask will feel super refreshing on your face. However, be aware that the instructions say to leave it on for 5 minutes. Within those 5 minutes, your face will feel very dry but once you wash it off. It feels amazingly minty and clean. This mask is good to control break outs and pores.
- The Collegiate Standard | The Pearl Ring
This is the newest addition to our jewelry line! This ring gives off the perfect preppy and classy look without being too flashy. The pearl adds that extra sparkle. It pairs great with summer dresses and maxi skirts
- Revlon | Moisturizing Lip Conditioner
Lips pealing? Save them with this moisturizing lip balm by Revlon! It goes on smooth onto and gives that extra oomph of moisture.
- Essie Nail Polish | Ruffle and Feathers
Teal is the perfect nail polish color this summer. Such a great pop of color. We're definitely loving it this month!
- H&M | Kimono
Too hot for a sweater? Too cold to not wear one? The perfect solution is this Kimono from H&M. This kimono is super light weight and adorable to match with any outfit. This kimono will keep you covered up when it's cold, but also look super fashionable when it's hot.
What were your favorites this month? Let us know in the comments!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Jul 22 2014
- Brandy Melville | Floral Bow