Accepting Applications now!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 23 2015
Spring break is finally here! You know what that means. No school- no homework-no stress! Whether you're hitting the beach, movie theater or bumming it at home, here are some suggestions on making the most of your break!
- Don't spend your entire time sleeping on the beach. Make the most of it by renting out bikes or finding a great poke restaurant nearby. Explore the beach city! Just because you're at the beach doesn't mean you have to spend all day there.
- Don't settle for a regular old movie theater, go hit up one of those cinemas that have reclining chairs! You're on break, you can definitely splurge a little on the comforts.
- It's totally understandable that you want to stay home and watch Netflix all day. After all, school totally fried your brain for the past couple of months and you just want to do nothing for a while. If you're bumming it at home, be sure to catch on Netflix's popular shows: House of Cards, The Unbreakable Kimmy Kchmidt and Mad Men. You can't go wrong binge watching any of those. Oh! Don't forget to bring out the comforter and pillows, you'll want to be comfortable and definitely, definitely don't forget the pizza!
- If you're taking a long road trip with friends this spring break, definitely bring sweatpants. Don't try to be cute and wear jeans. You'll seriously start to feel how uncomfortable it is after sitting for about 3 hours! Sweat pants will give you easy access to cross your legs without feeling weird. Also be sure to bring a pillow! Your back WILL start to ache for being in the car for so long, you'll want to give it something nice and comfy to lean on.
- Find a restaurant you've been dying to try! You only got a few days of break, make the most of it and go to that restaurant you've been putting off! Don't delay. Just go. After dinner, do something fun like hit up a bar or go dancing. It's cliche, but it's still fun! Dance off the stress. You'll have a blast.
- Explore your city. Maybe you've lived there your entire life or you just moved there- whatever it is, go on a tour of your own city. You may find out about things you never knew or noticed. You can go to places you've always heard of but never went. And if you hate it, you can always go home!
Whatever it is you decide to do with your break, have fun and be safe!
School's over for now, enjoy it!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 18 2015
We've just been featured on Champagne & City Light's blog.Be sure to check it out her gorgeous outfit and bangle!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Mar 11 2015
We thought it might be fun to mix things up a bit! Here are some our favorites songs this month.
If you're looking for awesome songs to dance to, these are for you!
For something more calming, try these.
We suggest listening to them with headphones.What were some of your favs?x
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Oct 27 2014
Is it already the end of August? Time flew by so fast! Here are some of the products we've been loving :)
(click on images to site)
B E A U T Y
Bumble and Bumble Dry Spun Finish |
If you're having trouble keeping your hair from falling flat, give this product a try! It's great for upkeep and doesn't feel heavy or sticky.
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss |
We've been loving the Marvelous collection lately! The formula is thick enough for coverage but not so much that it feels too wet. This lipgloss is the perfect extra touch to your makeup look!
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette |
If you're looking for a alternative to the Naked Basics palette, go for The Nudes! It's such a great bargain for the colors you're getting. They have a great variety from basics to dark.
F A S H I O N
Grey See Through Knit Top from G Stage |
Since the weather is still a bit warm, this sweater is perfect for the transition to fall. It's light but enough coverage!
Jegging Dark Destroy from American Eagle |
We've been loving the ripped dark wash jeans lately! Such a effortless look and the best part is that they're jeggings! HELLO COMFORT!
B R A I N S
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell |
If you haven't read this book, you're seriously missing out! We don't want to spoil anything but needless to say, it was a great book. It has comedy, romance and music! Eleanor and Park are both high school students just trying to find their way in this crazy world.
Looking for Alaska by John Green |
A great YA book. This story has heartbreak and discovery. You'll dive deep into the mystery of this book. A definite must read by nerdfighter John Green!
K N I C K K N A C K S
Reclaimed Wood Chalkboard from Urban Outfitters |
This is such a cute idea! You can hang this board in your doorway to hang your coat and write down reminders before you leave the house! It'll help you keep track of what you need to do.
ZigZag Duvet Cover from Urban Outfitters |
When the weather turns cold, be ready with some warm comfy sheets! This design is minimal and has the perfect modern touch.
USB Wall Charger from Urban Outfitters |
You can never have too many chargers.What were your favorites this month? We'd like to know!xo TCS
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 29 2014
We recently collaborated with blogger Allison Leighann!Check out her lovely post about us!*While you're there, take a look at her bookshelf and bucket list. (it's amazing!)
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 27 2014