R U S H T I P S
It's scary and intimidating to not know what to expect during recruitment. As a PNM, here are some things to keep in mind!
I T 'S A B O U T Y O U
Yup. Let it soak in. The point of recruitment is for sororities to look for new members to join their organization. They will be looking at your personality and compatibility. So don't be afraid to be yourself! Show off your awesome personality. However, if anxiety gets the best of you.. relax and take 3 long deep breaths. Go outside and get some air.
S M A L L T A L K
It's dreadful but don't worry! Keep away from the normal topics of conversation and try some of these. It'll be refreshing to hear something new.
- What's your favorite holiday?
- Would you rather give up your phone or tv?
- What's your favorite show? OTP?
- If you could travel somewhere right this minute without worrying about money, where would you go?
- Milkshakes or juices?
- Would you rather be a super hero or greek god? Powers?
- Cheeseburgers or burritos?
- If there was a zombie apocalypse, perfect place to hide?
*Think of anything fun!
M A K E U P
Keep it natural. Recruitment isn't the time to try out a new smokey eye. It's best to keep it simple! Have some lip gloss and translucent powder in case you need to touch up!
S H O E S
If you go with heels, make sure to have some quick flats to change into when you're walking from house to house or to your car. You'll be doing a lot of walking. Your feet will thank you.
R E M E M B E R
To have fun! This experience shouldn't be stressful. Relax, enjoy the company, and be yourself!
Until next time! xo
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 10 2014
We'll be starting a fun series of Recruitment posts to help you through this Rush/Recruitment Season!
R E C R U I T M E N T E S S E N T I A L S
- MINTS: You're going to be talking to girls all day. Be sure to pop a mint and make your breath is minty fresh. First impression is everything!
- DEODORANT: Chances are, the weather will still be warm during recruitment. Be sure to keep up with the heat and plan accordingly. Personal hygiene counts!
- SUNNIES: The sun is not your friend! Be sure to protect your eyeballs with cute sunnies. You don't want to be squinting half the time!
- SUNSCREEN: Again, the sun is not your friend! Sunburn is no joke. Make sure to lather up and protect your skin or else you'll be peeling for a week!
- COMFY SHOES: You're going to be standing.. A LOT! Wear comfy shoes to save your soles!
- GREEK GEAR: Recruitment is the BEST time to show off all your greek gear! Our website is having a great deal! Use our coupon code > GREEK14 < and get 10% your entire order! Rock your booth with the cutest accessories.
- PENS: DON'T forget to bring a pen! Chances are, you'll need to write down someone's information. Always have one on the go. Not having something as simple as a pen looks unprofessional.
- HAND SANITIZER: You'll be shaking a lot of hands. Sanitize up and make sure to kill germs!
- WATER: Don't forget to hydrate! It's the most important thing to have.
Stay tune for more Recruitment Posts!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Aug 04 2014
WIN 1 free sterling silver pendant!HOW TO ENTER:
Winner will be chosen on Aug 5 at 11amG O O D L U C K!
- Go to our Facebook page
- Comment, Share, and Like our post
- Tell us why YOU should win!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Jul 30 2014
- Brandy Melville | Floral Bow
This bow is super cute and feminine! It's super adorable to match with a skater skirt or high waist jean shorts
- Bumble and Bumble | Surf Spray
Don't like using hair spray? Try using a sea salt spray to keep your hair looking fresh and textured throughout the day! Not only will you look like a total beach babe, your hair will also look super volumized. The smell of the sea salt spray will give you that instant feel of being on the beach.
- Lush | Mask of Magnaminty
Treat your skin! With the weather heating up, this mask will feel super refreshing on your face. However, be aware that the instructions say to leave it on for 5 minutes. Within those 5 minutes, your face will feel very dry but once you wash it off. It feels amazingly minty and clean. This mask is good to control break outs and pores.
- The Collegiate Standard | The Pearl Ring
This is the newest addition to our jewelry line! This ring gives off the perfect preppy and classy look without being too flashy. The pearl adds that extra sparkle. It pairs great with summer dresses and maxi skirts
- Revlon | Moisturizing Lip Conditioner
Lips pealing? Save them with this moisturizing lip balm by Revlon! It goes on smooth onto and gives that extra oomph of moisture.
- Essie Nail Polish | Ruffle and Feathers
Teal is the perfect nail polish color this summer. Such a great pop of color. We're definitely loving it this month!
- H&M | Kimono
Too hot for a sweater? Too cold to not wear one? The perfect solution is this Kimono from H&M. This kimono is super light weight and adorable to match with any outfit. This kimono will keep you covered up when it's cold, but also look super fashionable when it's hot.
What were your favorites this month? Let us know in the comments!
Posted by The Collegiate Standard on Jul 22 2014
- Brandy Melville | Floral Bow